Monday, June 28, 2010

Here we go again

As any of my close friends will be able to tell you, I've always been somewhat (*cough*) impulsive. I tend to talk before I think and make decisions at random. Lately, I've been thinking about all the things I used to do (as a kid, as a teen, whenever wherever) and then abandoned. All the languages I've been learning - I need to get my French and Russian (some would say Maltese too :P) back into gear, kick Spanish in the butt and finally get my Italian sorted out. There are, of course, a million other languages I want to learn, but anywho.

Aside from academic stuff...Spanish dancing, for example. I've been meaning to take that up again. Dance in general actually. I spent a good 15-16 years of my life practicing ballet, jazz and the aforementioned Spanish dance. You wouldn't guess that judging by my complete lack of grace and my tendency to fall over whenever possible. I'd be interested in taking up jazz and Spanish (because, let's face it, I am DEFINITELY not the sort of person you can see doing ballet at this stage!)...and starting contemporary. I would LOVE to do contemporary. This SYTYCD routine made me realise just how much I'd want to try it.

Anyway, the aforementioned lack of grace can be accounted for by the fact that aside from all the dance I used to do, I also used to practice something else.

And that is football.

I used to play for the girls' team at Melita FC and trained as a centre-forward for a couple of years...and I was surprisingly good at it! There are only two sports I've ever been good at, those being swimming and, as mentioned, football. Baseball/rounders/cricket/anything involving a bat? Watch it. Basketball? Just duck and save yourself. But football was something else.

I'm ridiculously out of practice now and will need A LOT of training to get into shape and then actually get back to the way I used to play. But hey. It'll be fun trying again.

No comments:

Post a Comment